Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I'm (Trying To Be) Thankful My Side Lost

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. (1 Timothy 2:1-2)

No matter who you voted for yesterday, we can know two things for certain: that at least all the political ads are over (for the next year anyway), and that ultimately God is in control. We may or may not agree with the decisions made about who will lead us for the next four years, but we would do well to remember that, for whatever His reasons, God wants them where they are.

What's always been hard for me personally, is remembering every day to live a life of petition, prayer, intercession and thanksgiving for all people -- including those in authority. That last one is possibly the toughest for me: thanksgiving.

You mean to tell me that God wants me to be thankful, even when I don't agree with the election results?!  Well, actually, yes. Thankful.

Thankful because we know that, whatever it is, God's Will was done. Thankful that God has installed a leader to serve His purposes, and that God's purpose is perfect

So I am thankful today. Thankful that God keeps His watchful eye on this tiny planet, and on this tiny nation, and on this tiny person. And that His Will for each is greater than my greatest imaginings.

1 comment: