Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Looking Back, Taking Stock

My wife and I celebrated our 13th Anniversary yesterday. I love celebrating my anniversary with my wife, because it is a great moment for reflection and recommitment. I look back on the years, and on the good and bad events in our life together, and consider how they have molded us into the couple, the parents, the people we are today. I look back on how I have done by her, and renew my commitment to be her rock and partner, and to never let a day go by where I don't let her know in some way how much I love her. 

These moments of reflection are important to life in general as well: to look back on how God has moved in your life; on those events, positive and negative, which have helped to make you the person you are now.

Romans 8:28 - For we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

God uses circumstances to bring us closer to Him. Not only the bad circumstances, but even the good things that happen in our lives are made better when they help us grow in Jesus Christ.

Today, as we near the Advent Season and the end of another year, I want to encourage you to take a look at the past year in your own life. What has happened, good or bad, and how have you handled it? Have you come nearer to His presence in those situations? Maybe, God was teaching you something, and you didn't even notice.

Or maybe, it was just another opportunity for Him to let you how much He loves you.


No comments:

Post a Comment