Tuesday, January 22, 2013

God Values Life

Forty years ago today, The Supreme Court of the United States handed down a decision that would directly lead to the deaths of millions of pre-born children. The Roe V Wade decision did not end the abortion controversy, but legitimized the procedure in the eyes of the law and, ultimately, our culture.

But the reality is, no matter what our culture believes, God values each and every life, has a plan for every life, and mourns the death of every child lost to abortion.

Psalm 139:13 says, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb."

Psalm 51:6 tells us that indeed God not only formed us, but was in fact with us from conception:  

Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb; you taught me wisdom in that secret place.

God revealed His plan to Jeremiah in Chapter 1; and in verse 5 tells him: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” 

So, God knows you before He even forms your body in the womb. He is with you in the womb. And He wants to remain with you for your life on earth and beyond. Today I thank God for His care, His will, and His love for me and for each of us.

But today, I also lament the lives still being lost to abortion, and I pray for God to soften the hearts of the people.

Life matters. Each and every human life means something to God. Scripture reminds us, His eye is even on the sparrow, and when it comes to you and I, He knows even the number of hairs on our heads. We have an attentive God who can only be grieved by the wholesale slaughter of the unborn at the hands of a billion-dollar abortion industry.

It is up to you and me to speak the truth about abortion in His name, and to remind the world that every life matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment