Thursday, October 25, 2012

Lost The Plot

Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. - James 1:26-27

I don't have a long thought today. It's just, with the election around the corner, and political rhetoric heating up even more, I begin to wonder how effective I could be for the Kingdom if I spent as much time Loving in the name of Christ as I do worrying about the First Amendment. I wonder, if we spent more time saddened and moved to action by the plight of the Hungry than we do angry at the sins of a lost world,  whether we might be able to reach out, in Christ, and bring about change to both.

There's nothing wrong with acknowledging sin for what it is, or with righteous indignation over the lost lives of the unborn. 

I just wonder how much we could change the world if the Church spent as much time with orphans and widows as she does with politicians.

1 comment:

  1. I had to really think about this one... because I have been very guilty of "spending time with politicians" (especially ranting against one of them, anyway). Thank you for yet more food for thought.
    God bless you, Randy.

    ReplyDelete